October 12

GOTD-5s fruits/veg.

515a-c reg, fish oil, multi, Met
6a-sl meatza, c black grapes, c reg
715a(PWO)-banana, krill oil
815a-1.5c decaf
10a-sl meatza, 1.5c decaf, krill oil
1150a-1.5c decaf w/ stevia
1245p-orange
1p-sl meatza, roasted veg, krill oil, multi
630p-3 sl meatza, fish oil, multi, Met, reds, yeast
830p-GF cookie
930p-Benadryl, 5HTP, Tyrosine

Totals: 1936 cal, 106g fat (35 sat), 168g carbs (31 fiber), 77g protein

Yesterday I hit a point of being dog tired; brain was okay, but body was shot and I was yawning non-stop. I also realized that I was going to be burning up a half day of PTO this week but still putting in 40 hours at the rate I was going. My only hesitation in leaving early was that it would mean missing yoga, which I really wanted to do; I love it. However, when teaching my morning class, my heart rate stayed quite low (for me), which, if I remember Dustin correctly, is a clear sign of an overstressed body. (What, a 30-mile weekend is stressful? You don't say!) So I took that as a sign that rest was more important than yoga.

At 330, I bailed on work, ran one errand, and then napped for a full two hours. After that, I just lazed on the couch w/ the TV & kitties (& John Berardi's IF "book"). Heavenly. This made a big difference for both brain and body.

Only improvement would've been having Hop home as I'd expected (rain shut down yesterday's pumping operations). But he ended up working late in the shop and coming home at 10pm. Oh well, at least he's enjoying himself despite the insane hours. And I did get to see him at breakfast this morning, which is a rare treat.

All in all, I'm feeling MUCH  more moderated than earlier in the week, when I regularly bounced back & forth from excited to terrified about the 50k. Now I'm just even-keeled. Thinking logistics. A good place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment