September 29

GOTD: do not pre-plan calories.

6a-GF pancakes w/ honey, 2 chick saus, c reg, Met, fish oil, multi
730a-c reg
830a-1.5c decaf w/ cinn, oz almonds, chick saus, pb cookie
9a-1.5c decaf
115p(PWO)-12 almonds, GF pancakes, plum, fish oil, multi
4p-grape tomatoes, celery, granola
630p-6oz chicken, bell pepper w/ hummus, few peanuts, fish oil, multi
845p-pint Arctic Zero
9p-Met, yeast, reds, NC, 5HTP, Tyrosine, Benadryl

Totals: 2349 cal, 85g fat (18 sat), 269g carbs (37 fiber), 134g protein

This is higher than maintenance, but I had two strikes against me:
1) I had a MASSIVE blood sugar crash right after my PT appointment. I am talking full-body sweating, shakes, nausea, the works. So as soon as I got to work, I started inhaling all nearby food. Feeling like that, the brain's logic short-circuits. Hence, a GD cookie that, while dairy-free, was not grain-free. Eff.
2) My post-work-workout (running hills) was thwarted by a too-large to-do list, which led to me turning to food to soothe my anger/frustration. Damn wedding weekend is here, and I just didn't have time to get everything packed & ready AND run for an hour. Hence, diving into the granola, when oats typically sit in my gut like lead. And also the pint of Arctic Zero when I still haven't determined that whey protein is okay. Again: no brain logic.

So here I am, the day before the wedding, weighing in up FOUR POUNDS since Monday morning. Yes, it's water weight, not fat, thus not a long-term problem. But I'm thinking short-term right now. I'm thinking super snug size 4 bridesmaid dress all day tomorrow, in which I'd really like to be able to take deep breaths...never mind eat. Oh, woe is me and my conflicting goals!

The plan: two workouts today, and eat very low carb: protein + green veggies and that's pretty much it. And drink water, water, water, as if I just left the dessert. This is how you shed water weight, but...this should have been my diet all GD week. Want more details and perhaps some science? Read this.

I gave serious consideration to a fast day, but did I mention I'm doing two workouts? And I ain't talking anything easy: Spartacus 1.0 this morning w/ Joy AND Victoria's Revenge at noon. While tomorrow is a full rest day, I am planning a nice long trail run on Sunday; this requires a fully-fueled recovery from each workout so the run feels fan-flippin-tastic. Again: woe is me and my conflicting goals!

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment