Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger: Day 30

I actually had a successful little breakthrough last night! I was physically depleted, but mentally fine. I am telling you, I was tired as fuck (workouts caught up to me, didn’t have supper until 8 pm) and I just wanted to go to bed, but I was not snacky or bingey. So happy about that!

Here's another realization I had: if I push myself too hard today, I'll absolutely hit binge levels tonight. Now, I have supper with my two Sauk besties tonight, so I do actually intend to go somewhat low-cal until then. But I am very aware of the danger here and will pay close attention to how I feel throughout the day. I can plan in foods that are mentally treats, or lean heavier on carbs than what I "should" do, in order to keep feeling good and not eat everything in sight at Shari's house. I will report back tomorrow!

Wednesday

7.5 hours in bed. Slept like crap but felt okay: h/s/g at 1am, woke often: windows open, no ear plugs, cats wild. Woke 515-ish, up at 530. 3 easy pull-ups.

Foot a bit sore, canceled noon run hoping it would be happy by speedwork time. So instead I did a noon bike ride, 6.44 miles. Easy at first, and intended to do 8m, but at ~4m I was feeling weak and kind of gross - exactly like I’d just eaten a high-carb snack & my blood sugar was diving. And my snack an hour prior was a protein shake – all I could figure was low hydration. I almost went over to NSS for water but knew I could make it back okay. Eve trackwork was tough but it felt good. Calf a bit tight halfway through, foot hurt a little bit later on in the eve.

Had a snack right after the speedwork (pancakes!), but then it was another 1.5 hours of errands before I got to eat – thus I got pretty tired & was feeling depleted. I was able to recognize it was due to tiredness and didn’t feel snacky or anything.

Acne made me want to cry, though. However, it is improving from its weekend freak-the-fuck-out. Need to remember I'm experimenting. Deep breaths.

Food details:
530a-fried egg, chick saus, fish oil, D, zinc, MA, adrenal, c reg, Met
630-c reg; 7a-1.5c reg w/ stevia
9a-2.5oz tuna on WW bread, 1.5c decaf w/ stevia
11a-protein shake
1p(PWO)-salad, HB egg, balsamic, 3 pumpkin pancakes, fish oil, MA, adrenal
330p-2.5oz tuna on WW bread
630p(PWO)-2 pumpkin pancakes
8p-2 sl WW toast, 3 links chick saus, 2 fried eggs, c decaf, Tanka bar, fish oil, zinc, MA, BSM, adrenal
930p-Tyrosine, 5HTP
Totals: 1941 cal, 84g fat (15 sat), 134g carbs (38 fiber), 168g protein – goal of 1943

Dude, 2 calories from my goal? And that was with a last-minute supper swap. I had intended to experiment with crepes, but by the time I could eat, I wasn't going to fuck around, I needed food RANOW. I knew I had 450 calories to burn up, so I went with exactly what I was craving & didn't worry about macros. Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment