Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger: Day 1

I have no idea what "body fat beatdown" day I'm on anymore, and anyway that really fell apart on me for a while there; I have a new strategy; I have new attitude; so, hot damn, I have a new title!

I could have gone with "New Workout Plan" but come on, that's way too obvious.

Anyway, here's how Flag Day went: AWESOME!

Victory 1: 7.5 hours in bed, slept well. Feeling damn good, thanks to the pull-ups!

Victory 2: My personal training session just plain felt good, and I heart those post-w/o endorphins!

Victory 3: I checked out the 2010 Osakis 5k results and got all pumped about a possible win (eee!) in 2011.

Victory 4: We looked at the potential house again, with my dad, Hop's parents, and Hermie (contractor pal), and we are going to be making an offer. Holy crap!

Victory 5: I made another stir fry, and it's DELICIOUS. Recipe: 6oz shrimp, 200g bay scallops, bunch of bok choi, braising greens, 3c broccoli, 1 onion, liberal amount of Flavors of India Seasoning Salt (or similar), & chicken broth (I used all of the chicken juice left in the pan of a whole, baked chicken) - I divided this out into 3 servings; they clock in at 207 calories, 21g carbs, 2g fat, 29g protein. That is a bit high-carb at first glance, but it all comes from the broccoli, NOT a starchy source. Thus, the exact kind of carbs to eat!

Tip 1: Make some freaking stir-fry already! Skip the unnecessary oil in favor of natural waters & juices of the foods you're using.

Tip 2: One cup of cooked broccoli actually contains as much vitamin C as an orange, at 65% of the calories. It also contains iron, calcium, B1, B2, B3, B6, iron, magnesium, potassium, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, beta carotene and zinc. Go eat your broccoli!!

My food details: 6a-2 fried eggs, chicken sausage, .5c grapes, medium carrot, c reg coffee, vitamin D, FiberSmart, zinc, Met; 715a-c reg; 8a-1.5c reg from QC; 945a-medium apple, HB egg, 1.5c decaf coffee w/ stevia; 11a-chicken sausage, 1.5c reg w/ stevia; 1p-salad, 4.5oz shrimp, small banana; 2p-6 almonds; 3p-10 almonds, Met, 1.5c decaf w/ stevia; 4p-6 almonds; 5p-18 almonds; 7p-2 fried eggs, chicken sausage, c grapes, fish oil, FiberSmart, Met, zinc; 9p-magnesium
Totals: 1770 cal, 70g fat (18 sat), 138g carbs (29 fiber), 146g protein - goal of 1775 = perfection!

No comments:

Post a Comment