Whole30, Day 16

Friday was a very good day!

Work was busy but not stressful, my lunchtime run felt nice & easy (and was full of sunshine & chatting), and I only worked 3 hours at the tax firm so I could go watch a hockey game, where we won with a very definitive 6-1! Very good game, all 6 goals of the Blizzard's goals were scored in the first 25 minutes of play. You can't beat that kind of excitement!!

Only downfall is we had considered buying VIP tickets (all you can eat/drink), but since it started at 730pm (and I am a mogwai), I wasn't sure what was being served, and my husband wasn't up to drinking 9 cans of beer to be sure we got our money's worth (since he's working this morning) - we went with the cheap seats. Too bad, because the food served was a taco salad bar. I could have made do with that! ...maybe. Taco meat is iffy, generally the seasonings contain soy. But at least it would have been heavy on the veggies.

Nutrition was solid:
615a-fried egg, 3 slices bacon, c reg coffee, zinc, 2 fish oil, dandelion root, magnesium
8a-1.5c reg coffee
9a-turkey patty, chicken sausage, 1.5c decaf coffee
11a-chicken sausage, .25c raisins
130p-4oz pork chop, salad w/ 2T balsamic, 3 fish oil, dandelion root
330p-chicken sausage, small banana
630p-chicken sausage, med apple, t OmegaMaine fish oil, dandelion root, zinc, magnesium
730p-oz mixed nuts
10p-vitamin D, 2 Benadryl
TOTALS: 1604 calories, 71g fat (17 sat), 115g carbs (20 fiber), 133g protein - over the plan by 200 calories due to the nuts I brought to the game. Just knew I'd be feeling snacky and those freaking nuts are SO DAMN ADDICTING. But 200 calories is easy to recover since I've allotted plenty for the weekend. Dropping 100 from today's plan, and 100 from tomorrow unless I find that I need them (remember, 18 miles), in which case I can reduce Monday by that 100.

Overnight I only spent 7 hours in bed, so Saturday is going to be a long day. Working at the tax firm, lunchtime strength workout on the schedule, 6pm going-away party for two awesome friends who are moving to NH.

One more instance where Whole30 is a challenge: my mom asked if we wanted to go out for my brother's anniversary on Sunday night. Knowing that all I'd order is a salad, I really don't get excited to go out to restaurants. But in addition, I am slated to run 18 miles in the morning, followed by a long nap, followed by my usual chores...it didn't sound like it would be worth it at all. So, going with my newfound determination to take care of ME first, I declined.

One more case for pre-made food: no prep done for today. But from my large stash I was able to grab a package of chicken sausage, container of chicken & veg, ham steak, 3 raw carrots, a yam, an apple, a banana, oz mixed nuts, bag of raisins, and 6 dried Turkish apricots. I have more than enough with me to cobble together a nutritionally-fantastic day. Planning ahead and staying stocked up on healthy options makes life SO EASY!

No comments:

Post a Comment