Whole30, Day 8

I did it for a whole week already! And, in short: it truly has not been hard. It takes planning, but it's so worth it. Never hungry or deprived, and in fact I feel like I'm eating tons of food to keep my calories high enough!

Here's what my average was for the week, Thursday to Wednesday: 1737 cal, 84g fat (23 sat), 129g carbs (30 fiber), 125g protein - remembering that I did eat 600 calories worth of kettle corn which were 100% outside of the plan rules. But from now forward I'll stick exactly to the rules until I can start re-introducing for acne testing; or until I eat another bag of kettle corn May 20 as marathon pre-fueling!

Now, I'm not seeing any acne improvement at this point, but it's not getting worse, and my skin does take FOREVER to heal. The digestive system is still useless without supplements; forgot to take them on Tuesday morning and definitely could tell the difference. Frustrating! Weight is not down, either.

Now, because I haven't had any awesome results, is that any reason to quit? Absolutely not. Patience, grasshoppa. One week is not a long time to see changes, especially for acne. And frankly, everything could be related entirely to stress levels. I've started asking a lot more of my body in terms of running, I'm not getting enough quality sleep to really feel great (only "good" and that's on a GOOD day) and mentally I'm so freaking ready for tax season to end. This state does not lend itself to the body producing more than marginal results. The body is built for survival, and right now mine is basically just surviving each day. But tax season ends in 23 days, and I expect to feel like a rockstar again by April 17th!

And I do expect that week two will produce some visible results in terms of acne. I'm going to continue allowing up to an oz of the homemade jerky daily, and up to 4oz of nuts per week. If I'm still getting new blemishes in week two, I will cut those items out.

Yesterday's plan changed a bit, as my lunch-providing meeting was canceled, and somehow I completely forgot to bring most of my food (I'll blame the weather). However, because I have an awesome job where I can leave food stashed in the fridge, I still had plenty of options! And I clearly learned my lesson, as I brought in too much food this morning - better safe than sorry.

Day 7 report:
5a-fried egg, chicken sausage, c decaf coffee, fish oil, FiberSmart
630a-c decaf coffee
7a-1 pancake
8a-1.5c regular coffee
9a-pork/beef patty, c cooked cauliflower, c regular coffee, .5c decaf
11a-chicken sausage, oz raisins
12p-salad (1.5c spinach, .75c celery, large carrot, Brussels sprout, .75 sweet peppers) w/ hb egg & 2T balsamic, 3 fish oil
4p-pork/beef patty, c cooked cauliflower
5p-chicken sausage
630p-2 pork/beef patties
9p-3 fish oil, FiberSmart
TOTALS: 1616 cal, 94g fat (32 sat), 76g carbs (18 fiber), 112g protein
Note: increased fish oil intake to 9 per day (from 6) until I start feeling better on a consistent basis. Used this fish oil calculator to figure out how much I should be taking.

Today's plan is higher calorie & higher carb, as I have personal training at noon, plus another strength workout tonight:
6a-2 fried eggs, chicken sausage, 2 slices [organic, locally-raised] bacon, c decaf coffee, 3 fish oil, FiberSmart
7a-c decaf coffee
9a-2 pancakes (possibly with homemade apple butter from a friend, if it's delivered in time)
11a-1.5oz venison jerky
1p (immediately post-workout)-medium apple
130p-salad (1.5c spinach, .75c celery, large carrot, Brussels sprout, .75 sweet peppers) w/ hb egg & 2T balsamic, 6 oz chicken, 3 fish oil
330p-2 pancakes w/ homemade apple butter
5p (immediately post-workout)-small banana
630p-chicken sausage, c asparagus
8p-3 fish oil, FiberSmart
TOTALS: 1826 cal, 88g fat (19 sat), 134g carbs (26 fiber), 136g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment