Whole30 Day 5

Day 4 summary:
8a-fried egg, 3oz chicken w/ .5c carrots, c tomatoes, c kale, c decaf coffee, fish oil, FiberSmart
11a-salad (spinach, cauliflower, celery, carrots, sweet peppers) w/ HB egg & balsamic
130p-fried egg, yam w/ t cinnamon, chicken sausage, c decaf coffee, fish oil
5p-oz homemade venison jerky
6p-two ground beef & pork burgers w/ a fried egg, oz homemade venison jerky, c decaf coffee
9p-fish oil, FiberSmart
TOTALS: 1628 calories, 76g fat (23 sat), 119g carbs (24 fiber), 125 protein

I'd say that I really did quite well, especially given how awful I felt. I spent 12.5 hours in bed overnight. I napped on the couch during the Nascar race for half an hour, then actually went to bed for another nap, this time for an hour. This did not solve the headache, nor did a heating pad or an ice pack or ibuprofen. Finally, aspirin did the trick to the point where I was just tight but could actually turn my head. I have no idea what caused this, but I'll be researching back over what I ate, workouts, water, etc, for the 4 days it happened this week.

So far I've discovered that eating whole foods is only truly challenging when I'm looking for transportable options. Thoughts:
-Fruit is a great choice, including dried or freeze-dried, but since I'm also eating low carb, fruits are limited to one serving per day, two on high days.
-My husband's homemade venison jerky turned out awesome! However, I will allow myself only one ounce per day, as the cure & flavoring are full of no-no additives like sugar & soy lecithin. I'd like to find a source that isn't full of that stuff, but I'm thinking it might take some serious effort to source.
-Nuts are great, but they are something I'm limiting as a potential acne issue.
-My simple pancakes fit the bill, so I plan to make more of them tomorrow night.
-Bilinski chicken sausage is a fantastic choice - no preservatives or junk, full of protein, and low calorie to boot.
-Vegetables do work very well; the only problem is making the time to prepare them! I will wash, cut, & package raw veggies tomorrow night.

Typically on Sundays I make a boatload of food for the week, but yesterday I did not have any energy to do much at all. What I did do:
-Made roasted cauliflower (cauliflower & garlic oil & Garlic Garlic seasoning) and packaged into 1.25-cup servings.
-Made 17 beef & pork patties.
-Thawed a package of Bilinski chicken sausage.
-Cooked up 2 packages of Gerber's breakfast chicken sausage for my usual heat-and-eat breakfast.
-The hubster made me venison jerky, as mentioned.

What I will do tomorrow night (I work at the tax firm tonight): make salads, hard-boiled eggs, pancakes, and cut & package raw vegetables for snacking.

My eating plan for today:
6a-fried egg, chicken sausage, c decaf coffee, fish oil, FiberSmart
7a-c green tea
730a-1.5c regular coffee
9a-oz homemade venison jerky
11a-medium apple, chicken sausage, BCAAs
1p-pork/beef patty, chicken sausage, 2c roasted cauliflower
330p-3 oz chicken w/ .5c carrots, c tomatoes, c kale
6p-2 pork/beef patties, 1.25c cauliflower
9p-FiberSmart, fish oil
TOTALS: 1393 cal, 68g fat (24 sat), 75g carbs (23 fiber), 125g protein

Truly, if you eat low-carb, building your meals first around vegetables & protein, you will be able to eat a LOT and for few calories. I had to keep adding things in to reach a reasonable caloric level, and this is STILL fairly low for me. If I eat this plan today, my average for the week is 1675 calories, which is a solid 300 calories below maintenance level. Yes, I want to lose fat, and this is how it's done, but it's a fairly drastic change and I think I might be in trouble with Dustin!

No comments:

Post a Comment