Whole30: Day 2

A full report on day 1, which went fairly well: 615a-fried egg, 2 slices bacon, c eggplant, c decaf, FiberSmart supplement; 7a-c decaf coffee; 730a-c regular coffee w/ t cinnamon; 9-c regular coffee w/ t cinnamon;1030a-turkey, cabbage, mushroom, onion, & tomato soup, small apple; 2p-small apple; 3p-salad (spinach, carrots, cauliflower, celery, peppers) w/ HB egg & 2T balsamic vinegar; 630p-3oz pork ribs w/ .5 baked apple; 745p-turkey, cabbage, mushroom, onion, & tomato soup, FiberSmart supplement
TOTALS: 1362cal, 56g fat (17 sat), 131g carbs (33 fiber), 95g protein

I don't know how many times I need to relearn this, but I am a freaking mogwai. I can NOT eat past 7pm without waking up in the middle of the night. I woke at 1am, WIDE AWAKE. I hit the bathroom, drank some water, and spent about an hour in/out of sleep before I was fully out again. Ugh. I did spend a full 8 hours in bed, though, which still makes one hell of a difference for my body. I am not one of those lucky people who can get by on low sleep and still feel good!

The reason I ate late, despite knowing this, was that my calories were otherwise right at 1100 for a second straight day, which I worried was just too low for me to feel good today. It is a toss-up whether the extra 250 calories was more important than the hour of sleep, though. With better planning, I will hopefully not have to make this either/or choice in the future!

Luckily I feel great today, due to so many good things: SUNSHINE, Friday, payday, wearing my sweet new Strong(her) shirt, Dustin session, kettle corn, seeing my cousin, 7k tomorrow along with bridesmaid dress shopping, and a hockey game on Sunday - I've got a truly wonderful weekend planned!

Day 2 plan: 6a-fried egg, 3 slices organic bacon, cup decaf coffee; 7a-c decaf coffee; 730a-1.5c regular coffee w/ t cinnamon; 845a-1.5c decaf coffee, large carrot; 1030a-turkey patty, large raw carrot; 12p-2.5s lite kettle corn; 230p-salad (spinach, carrots, cauliflower, celery, peppers) w/ HB egg & 2T balsamic vinegar, turkey patty, 2.5s lite kettle corn; 630p-6oz pork chop, c eggplant, FiberSmart
TOTALS: 1607 cal, 59g fat (13 sat), 152g carbs (30 fiber), 133g protein - a few extra carbs (kettle corn!) for the race tomorrow.

This weekend is a good mini-challenge right off the bat for this plan. My long-run breakfast has been tahini, oats, & applesauce, which sits very well in my stomach. And this weekend specifically, I was going to make my talented friend Joy's pumpkin pie pancakes. But the Whole30 plan busted both options. My solution is slightly less tasty pancakes: 2T tahini, egg, 1/4c applesauce, & t cinnamon - topped with another 1/4c applesauce. (Side note: first I had to Google to see whether tahini was okay for this plan, and it gets a thumbs-up in technical Whole30 terms, but a serious cautionary note because of the very high content of linoleic acid (LA), the parent molecule for inflammatory omega-6 fatty acids. So, go seriously easy on the sesame seeds and sunflower seeds, and you’ll be okay.) I made the pancakes this morning, they are in the fridge now, and I can toast them at Diane's to crisp them back up a bit. As for the rest of the day, there should be fruit at the race's finish, and at pretty much any restaurant I can order a salad & grilled chicken, so, truly: no problem!!

No comments:

Post a Comment