Whole30, Day 12

Typical Whole30 participants experience a higher energy level at this point. I would say I'm not typical, given the tax season situation, but I was really hoping for more energy to kick in anyway. I struggled yesterday to find any energy whatsoever.

Part of this is mentally beating myself up over the Sunbutter binge, part of it is mental exhaustion with tax season, and part of it truly is physical. I get to the tax firm and I don't want to be there; I want to be home vegging. It's really a great place to work, a fun, easy second job, but I simply don't have the energy for it this year. Why it's such a drastic change from last year, I honestly don't know, but it's killing me. I love the people and I know they need my help, and that's frankly the only reason I'm still doing it. I could walk away from the money easily, but I could never leave them all in the lurch. I did leave early last night (8pm), and went straight home, to the shower, and to bed. Unfortunately I started waking up in fits & starts at 5am, so I only got about 7 hours of decent sleep. I desperately wish that were enough for me to get by with!!

Food was not ideal. I was trying to make up for my Sunbutter binges so I ate very low carb, and low calorie:
530a-2 pancakes, 3T apple butter, oz venison jerky, c regular coffee, 3 fish oil, dandelion root
7a-c decaf coffee
745a-1.5c regular coffee
9a-turkey patty
11a-turkey patty
1p-medium apple, turkey patty, 3 fish oil, dandelion root, 1.5c regular coffee
330p-turkey patty
545p-chicken sausage
9p-3 fish oil, dandelion root
TOTALS: 1380 calories, 65g fat (17 sat), 51g carbs (9 fiber), 140g protein

Fish oil discovery: my brand (Origin double strength, from Target) contains soy. It is not actually listed in the ingredients, but the allergen statement does not indicate it is a soy-free product. Are you kidding me?! That shit is EVERYWHERE, yo. I ordered Whole30's recommended brand, but meanwhile I am still taking the Origin stuff; I figure the anti-inflammatory benefits outweigh the bit of soy. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment